Visit to Pandesara Infrastructure Ltd. (Common Effluent Treatment Plant)
REPORT on Industrial Visit
Industry Visited: Pandesara Infrastructure Ltd. (Common Effluent Treatment Plant), R. S. No. 46, Vadod, Sachin-Magdalla High Way, Surat, 394221, Gujarat.
from Industry: Ms. Ankita Jain, Chief Executive Officer
Date: 16th September, 2022
Students: 67 [M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry) Sem 1 and Sem 3]
Accompanied: Dr. Sandeep A. Joshi, and Dr. Sutapa Mondal Roy
Pandesara Infrastucture Ltd. (Common Effluent Treatment Plan) is a leading industrial wastewater treatment technology plant.
The CETP plant at Pandesara is the biggest plant in a Gujarat state. The plant capacity is 100 MLD (million lakh liter per day) for treating waste water to useful water. This plant is comprised of three different parts:
- Primary Treatment of industrial waste water (3 Tank with adding Caustic Soda)
- Secondary Treatment of industrial waste water (Separation by Clarifier filter)
- Tertiary Treatment of industrial waste water (Aeration Tank and Press Filtering)
Purpose of Industrial Visit
- To have interaction of the students with actual industry personnel.
- To make the students aware of the industrial procedures required to enter as employee.
- To experience the working environment in industry
- To visualize the all the important departments in the industry.
- To prepare the students for their upcoming selection of proper carrier path.
- All the students of M. Sc. Chemistry (Organic Chemistry) Sem 1 & Sem3 and the faculties reached the PIL (CETP) at 12.00 in the noon. After completion of the entry procedure at the main gate, Ms. Ankita Jain welcomed us.
- The CEO Ms. Ankita Jain gave brief introduction and description about the industry and nature of procedures that are followed in the purification plant.
- A detailed information regarding the industry is given to the students and faculties via some PowerPoint presentation and videos at the conference hall.
- After a short refreshment break, all the students along with the faculties and technical staff members were participated in the tour of different purification plants.
- Students were given a tour to the Slug management unit, Solar power unit.
- Then the students visited the Primary Treatment of industrial waste water (3 Tank with adding Caustic Soda).
- Next, they visited the Secondary Treatment of industrial waste water (Separation by Clarifier filter).
- Finally, they visited Tertiary Treatment of industrial waste water (Aeration Tank and Press Filtering).
- The visit ended with some group photographs.
- The faculties and students returned to the college at 4.00 pm.